Tel +1 937 593 6065
Tel +1 937 843 3152
Connor Kinsey joined Thompson, Dunlap & Heydinger, Ltd. in March, 2012. Connor is the son of Gary and Dana Kinsey of Indian Lake, and lives at Indian Lake with his wife Sarah and son George. When out of the office, Connor’s interests include fishing, running, and following Cleveland sports teams and the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Connor practices in the areas of general business and corporate law, intellectual property, commercial litigation, commercial and residential real estate, and estate planning.
“Connor is smart, dependable, and responsive. Exactly the skills you want when hiring a great attorney.” – Jason S. Duff, President and Founder, Community Storage & Properties, Ltd.
Connor has substantial courtroom experience representing plaintiffs and defendants, large institutions and “moms and pops,” hyper-technical commercial cases and simple personal injury cases. When not in the courtroom, Connor counsels clients regarding intellectual property rights and protections, business entity formation and capitalization, asset purchases, acquisitions, liquor permit transfers, real estate purchases, sales and development, and all phases of estate planning and administration.
Connor currently serves as the Village Solicitor for Lakeview, Ohio.
Prior to joining TD&H, Connor practiced in the Columbus office of international law firm Squire, Patton Boggs (formerly Squire Sanders), and served as in-house counsel to the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (“SWACO”).
- Obtained $5.2million verdict on behalf of an agricultural consulting business in a complex breach of contract case
- Obtained dismissal of an assault and battery claim seeking $1m in damages on behalf of a university dean
- Successfully represented numerous general contractors and project owners in commercial construction disputes
- Provides corporate legal counsel and intellectual property services to Massachusetts-based brewery and restaurant business
- Assisted commercial real estate developer in the acquisitions, development and sale of dozens of properties
- Represented buyers and sellers in numerous asset transactions involving the transfer of liquor permits
- Ohio University, Ohio (B.B., Economics, cum laude, 2004)
- Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business (M.B.A., with distinction, 2008)
- Ohio, 2008
- U.S. Dist.Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio
- U.S. Dist.Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
- U.S. App.Ct., 6th Cir.
Memberships and Associations:
- Logan County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Village Solicitor, Lakeview, Ohio (2013- Present)
- Indian Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Member (2012- Present), Director (2017- Present)
- Logan County Chamber of Commerce Director (2018 - Present)
- Seminole Island Civic Association (2014-Present)
- Indian Lake Watershed Project Member (2012-Present)
- Indian Lake Development Corporation Member (2012-Present)
- Village Solicitor, Waynesfield, Ohio (2015)
- Mary Rutan Hospital BioEthics Committee (2012-2014)
- Delta Tau Delta, Beta Chapter