Tel +1 937 593 6065
John and his wife, Colleen, reside in Bellefontaine with their children Winifred, Charlotte and Brooks. John is originally from Cincinnati while his wife Colleen (Holman) is from Lafayette, Ohio. Colleen is a principal at Benjamin Logan Elementary. Prior to joining Thompson, Dunlap & Heydinger, Ltd. in 2006, John practiced law with a larger, well regarded Dayton firm gaining experience in general and commercial litigation.
John concentrates his business practice in the following areas:
- General and Commercial Litigation – Including:
- Contract and business disputes
- construction disputes
- real estate disputes
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims- Including:
- Automobile and motorcycle accidents;
- Slip and Fall and other premises liability claims;
- Medical malpractice and nursing home liability claims;
- Products liability claims
- Employment Law-Including:
- Wrongful termination claims
- Protected class discrimination claims (race, gender, age, disability, ect.)
- Estate Planning
- Obtained a successful verdict worth several hundred thousand dollars on behalf of a Union County developer following a multi-day trial arising out of a dispute with a business partner.
- Obtained a unanimous jury verdict on behalf of a chiropractic group concerning a dispute arising from the alleged sale of a professional practice.
- Obtained a successful verdict at trial on behalf of an injured client worth more than three times the defendant’s insurance carrier’s last and final offer.
- Obtained numerous large six figure settlements for personal injury clients relative to claims settled at various stages throughout the litigation process.
- Wittenberg University, Ohio (B.A., 2000)
- University of Toledo College of Law, (J.D., cum laude, 2003)
- Ohio, 2003
- S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio, 2004
- S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio, 2015
Memberships and Associations:
- Logan County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Logan County Chamber of Commerce (Vice Chairperson, 2016- Present)
- Green Hills Community (Treasurer, 2016-Present)
- Rotary Club of Bellefontaine (President, 2014-15; Board Member, 2012-Present)
- First Lutheran Church (Finance Chairperson, 2013 –Present)
- New Life Charitable Foundation, Inc. (Vice President, 2015-Present)